Friday, January 9, 2026

January 9, 2026



After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of Herod, Magi from the east came to Jerusalem and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews?  We saw His star in the east and have come to worship him." Matthew 2:1-2


The wisemen brought gifts to Jesus, we have just given gifts to each other at Christmas, God has given us the best gift, our Savior Jesus.

As I think about gifts my parents gave me as a child I see the gift of a Christian Education as the best gift.  I now know the sacrifices that they made to afford my education at Lutheran Schools.  I appreciate the extra time my parents spent helping me and volunteering at my schools.  I was always surrounded by those who shared with me the story of Jesus and His love.  I received a high quality education that formed me into the person I am today.  I was taught the power of prayer and how to live my faith.  I was constantly reminded that Jesus loves me.  I saw my teachers in church and saw them live a life of service and love to God.  I want to thank you for also seeing the importance of a Christian Education.  Life is different here at Zion, we are more than a school.  We are a family, a family of believers, brothers and sisters in Christ and like a family things are not always perfect, yet we love and forgive each other.  We share Christ and we learn about His love.  Zion is a great place to be!

Re-enrollment is NOW.  Please check your email from the office for enrollment links.

A Look Ahead:
Religion: Jesus as a boy  and Jesus' Baptism
Memory:Isaiah 43:1
Phonics and Reading Lesson 67b and 68 more open and closed syllables 
Spelling: all lessons up to 59, long vowels spelled with vce
NEW PHONICS AND SPELLING home practice pages are in the Friday folders
Heart Words: review week
Science: mammals
Math: strategies find unknown number in number sentence
Social Studies: leaders
Art: Jim Dine
Grammar- prepositions and object of prepositions 
Core Knowlegde: Astronomy
Writing: writing informational paragraphs independently 

Look ahead to...
 Monday January 26 - Friday January 30


During the month of January, our chapel offerings will support the Global Kids Fund  from Lutheran Hour Ministries   Offerings sponsor programs for youth in Mongolia and elsewhere that are designed to share the Gospel with those who have not yet heard it. The ministry hosts 
  • vacation Bible school
  • youth gatherings, and workshops
  • outreach to youth in need
  • resources that teach about Jesus and offer biblically-based guidance. 
By supporting our Global Kids Fund, YOU can help share Christ’s message of hope with children throughout Mongolia through LHM’s programs.

LOOK FOR SPECIAL BANKS COMING HOME NEXT WEEK


100 CERAL BOXES:  We will need 100 empty cereal boxes by January 23.  Please send in your empty cereal boxes!!! We only have about 40 right now!


Mark your calendar: All students are expected to attend our singing in  Church on SUNDAY FEBRUARY 1 at 10:30 am.
100th Day Celebration will be on FRIDAY, February 6.
We will spend the afternoon doing fun activities with the number 100! Students will not need to bring anything special to school.  Thank you to parent helpers listed... if you cannot help please let me know.



SCHOOL VALENTINES 

We will be making our Valentine Boxes here 

AT SCHOOL!

Each child may bring Valentines to hand out. 

 Please include a Valentine for each child in our class.   

We are asking that you DO NOT send candy or food to school with the Valentines.  

PLEASE NO CANDY OR FOOD! 

Our party will be on Thursday, February 12. 

Please bring Valentine's to pass out at the party!
Thank you

Our Class List

Winston    Edie    Josie    Trey    Ben    Luke    Oliver    
June        Arwen    Henry    Jensen    Wil    Emmy   

 Kylan    Cam        Violet    Amelia    Reid

If you have any extra Valentines Julia and Tyler, the cafeteria workers, would love to get some Valentines!

Thank you to parent helpers for the party:



We are now in  Third Quarter and I will be preparing the students for Second Grade.   We wil be learning new skills as well as reviewing past skills. The pace at which we work will begin to be pick up. I will also be grading the papers more carefully and will be working with the students on how to follow directions. I will expect them to be more independent.  You can work on independence at home as well.  Have you child be more responsible for getting their school things together and if they forget let them face the consequence here at school.  I love to work with students on helping them solve their own problems. 

Report cards are in the Friday Folder .  If you have any questions, concerns, or would like to talk I would be happy to meet with you.  
Please reach out to me and we can set up at time.  I will be reaching out early next week with parents I would like to meet with.      


Wise Men Still Seek HIM 
May you come to worship the King this weekend!  
May you enjoy the gifts He gives us love, forgiveness, and eternal life.
May you be His gift to others as you live your life as God's star.

In HIM,
Amy Bernhardt

We learned about Epiphany. In some countries gifts are given on Epiphany, so Mrs. Bernhardt gave us a gift to help us remember Epiphany.  The headlamps remind us about the star, and that Jesus is the Light of the World, and that we can shine for Jesus and lead others to Him.
  reading Jesus books and Bibles using our headlamps

prepositions

Knowledge-we are becoming quite the astronomers 





Josie is the sun and others are planets orbiting the sun
painting cardinals


solving math problems

compound words

2 ways to make the /d/ sound

constellations









making a giant geometric star


partner reading about Jesus

seeing Jesus

faith family project: making Valentine's for Bethlehem Lutheran School
Happy New Year poppers made in STEAM

Open Syllables

Closed Syllables

our last Christmas Devotion




No comments:

Post a Comment