Last week I talked about the gift of a Christian Education. This week I want to tell you about another gift my parents gave to me. It was the gift of weekly worship together. When I was growing up there was no question what we would be doing on Sunday morning. We would be in church and Bible Study or Sunday School. We went to church as a family, 8:00. I didn't always like getting up for early church and many times as a teenager I begged to drive myself to a later service. But my parents insisted that we went to church together. I still remember being on vacation and finding a local church to attend. Yes, I think I would have rather got up and swam some more on vacation but on Sunday we went to church. Wow, what an impression. God is most important. My parents showed me that in their actions. God is worth one hour even on vacation. I continue to worship on a weekly basis. Jon and I try to always go to church as a family and cherish when our girls are home and we can worship together. I am thankful for the opportunity to worship weekly for it is in worship that God comes to us and fills us up for the coming week, where God forgives us and gives us new life, where we stand with the body of believers and are built up, where we hear God's word explained to us, where we belong. We are in a new year and a new quarter here at school, maybe weekly worship could goal for you this year/quarter. It would be a great gift to give your family.
A Look at Next Week:
We will be making our Valentine Boxes here AT SCHOOL!
Each child may bring Valentines to hand out.
Our Class List
Join our one-time Home Devotion Faith Milestones course for 1st graders at Zion Lutheran Church! Milestones courses are purposed to build active faith lives and support parents as disciplers of their children. During this Milestones course, families will learn about Home Devotions and learn active ways to integrate this habit into home routines.
There are two options: Saturday, February 7 @ 4:00-4:45pm OR Sunday, February 8 @ 9:30-10:15am. Free Childcare is available for siblings as needed. Click hereto register for your Milestones class!
We are excited to share that preparations are underway for this year’s Bobcat Benefit, our annual auction fundraiser. The event will be held on Friday, April 17, 2026, at Piazza Messina in Cottleville.
The Bobcat Benefit is a special evening that includes a catered dinner, as well as both live and silent auctions. Funds raised during this event help support important projects at our school.
As part of the event, each classroom sponsors an item that will be featured in the auction. Our class has selected Adirondack Chairs and we are working together to raise $400.00 to make this donation possible.
If you are able and willing to contribute, any amount is greatly appreciated. We are asking all donations be turned in by Monday, January 26th
Please send donations via Venmo:
@zionharvester
Noted: Auction - 1st Grade in memo line
-OR-
Cash or check may be dropped off in the School Office noted: Auction-1st Grade
Thank you for supporting our classroom and helping make the Bobcat Benefit a meaningful and successful event.
We are grateful for your continued partnership and generosity.







No comments:
Post a Comment