This week we learned about how God created everything with just His Word.
I am so glad that God created each of the children in this class. I am having such a fun time getting to know them and their unique personalities. It definitely makes work fun when you have fun kids to be with all day. I already love your kid!
A Lood at Next Week...
Religion: Adam and Eve and the Fall into Sin
Memory: 1 John 4:4
Reading: We are also going to be practice our literacy stations and beginning our guided reading.
Grammar: Sentences, focusing on what a sentence needs
Phonics: short a
Math: adding by counting on
Social Studies: Friends
Science: Living and Non Living
Art: Piet Mondrain
Writing: writing labels
NO SCHOOL FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 3, Teachers will have an inservice on our new math curriculum and will attend the area Lutheran schools conference.
NO SCHOOL MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 7 for Labor Day.
HOMEWORK:If you haven't started your reading homework start next week.
Your child needs to read or be read to for 15 minutes 4 days a week (this can include weekends) Please mark on the Reading Homework Page on the front of the red homework folder.
Please keep the month's log in the folder as I will be checking the reading homework during the week.
You should see a short a reader next week that your child can read and keep.
Emails: During the day I am busy working with your child. Often during a free time I need to use the restroom, I usually don't look at emails during the day. I will respond to emails within 24 hours. If you have an emergency please let the office know and Mrs. Holtz can come tell me during the day.
Also I only need to know your pick up plans if the plans are different then you told me on the dismissal form. If there is a change you can email me AND email the office so Mrs. Holtz can let me know.
Thanks
You will see many papers this week. We are still doing work all together and practicing our center work. Next week I will include information about different papers you will see come home.
This has been a great week even with all the hot weather and indoor recess. Your children are doing such a good job of learning our classroom routines. I talk about the first graders being independent and I want to assure you I will teach them and help them along the way. This will not happen over night it is a goal for the year.
Please make worship a priority for your family this weekend.
Starting September 12 will be sunday school and new Bible classes, including a Christian Parenting class led by my husband and me. Look for information next week!
In HIS Peace,
Amy Bernhardt
Here is a PEEK at our WEEK...
Amy Bernhardt
Here is a PEEK at our WEEK...
opening devotions: devotion leader gets to extinguish the candle
Creation Sculptures
illustrating our reading book
A flower color wheel-check the end of the blog to see our finished artwork.
mixing paint to make new colors
learning how to paint like first graders
sentence work
learning to use SEESAW for sight words
No comments:
Post a Comment