Friday, April 30, 2021

April 30, 2021


I can't believe we have only 4 weeks of school left.  
These last 4 weeks will be filled with continued learning and 
I encourage you and your child to finish strong!
This class has been such a blessing. 
I look forward to coming to work with them everyday.  
                    What a joy and privilege it has been to be their teacher! 

Our last day in First Grade will THURSDAY MAY 27. This is a change from the original school calendar. 

A LOOK AHEAD:

Memory: if your child is NOT done with memory keep working on the Apostle's creed     
                second part of the Second Article of the Apostle's Creed
Religion:  hope you have enjoyed the Family Devotions, Pentecost
Spelling: lesson 29 -ir
Grammar: adjectives
Math: counting coins
Science: weather
Art: Alexander Calder

May 6 is Nurse's Day.  I would love to shower our Nurses with cards.  Our nurses are Connie Tan and Ruth Goetz.  If you send in a note for them I will make sure they get it.  Let's show our appreciation for our awesome nurses this year!

My oldest daughter graduates with her doctorate in Physical Therapy next weekend.  I will not be at school on Friday to attend her doctoral hooding ceremony on Friday.   Mrs. Glover will be my sub!
She is a retired Zion teacher and I know it will be a great day!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Amy Bernhardt 

Our book theme this week was Standing Up for Yourself.

We observed popcorn to learn adjectives.  We described the popcorn!

We acted out our book for the week, a European Folktale, The Gingerbread Girl.

We had some fun in guided reading this week.







We are learning different ways to find the sum of 3 digits.

We LOVE the dwarf planets.
A favorite song is the Dwarf Planets, by Hopscotch.
Check it out!
Bible Journal of Jesus Acension

guided writing

painting pinch pot sea creatures


Centers:
writing

STEAM

spelling

word work

sentences

























No comments:

Post a Comment