Friday, May 17, 2019

May 17, 2019

A Look Ahead: (ONE LAST TIME for FIRST GRADE)

Religion:  The early church
Memory:     we are done  :)          
Grammar:   Writing Samples
Spelling:      NO SPELLING TEST
Math:          review of main concepts NO HOMEWORK
Art:              End of the year Artwork
Reading:      Review and work on Fluency



There will be no hot lunch served the last week of school, May 20-24.
 Milk and Juice will be available for $.50 and assorted snacks will be available for $.50.  These items are available on a cash only basis.  Students need to pack a cold lunch for the last week of school.



The last day is Friday, May 24. 
School will be dismissed at 10.


This day will be filled with chapel, an awards ceremony, and final goodbyes in the classroom
You are invited to attend the chapel and awards ceremony!
Chapel begins at 8:05 and the awards ceremony is immediately following.
We will return to the room for goodbyes!




Your children are very passionate about praying; I have talked to them about taking home the church’s prayer requests and continuing to pray for those in need. 
 Please help them maintain an active prayer and worship life this summer.  Remember to take advantage of the various services that Zion offers. 
Saturday at 5:00, Sunday at 8 and 10:30 and Monday at 7:00.


We have learned a lot this year. 
I encourage you to join the Summer Reading Program 
at the library!  It is a great incentive to keep reading.
Due to lack of students  I am CANCELLING the Summer Reading Camp.  




I am so thankful to God for this school year.  It has been a joy to share your children this year.  I have seen them grow so much and feel blessed that I was given the opportunity to teach them.  This is a class full of so many talented and unique personalities.  Thank you for partnering with me this year.  I feel that your children and you have become part of my family.  I will keep you in my heart and prayers.  I am truly blessed and love coming to school everyday.  To God all praise and glory.

GO and Tell,


Amy Bernhardt

A sneak peek...
I was at a reading conference for two days sorry for the lack of pictures.

We celebrated Julia's birthday with a Pajama Party!


spelling

syllable sort

buddy read

iPad

using our senses to write

twin PJs

practicing dictation sentences

Asher taught us how to stick pencils to the wall.



We read a book written by Brenda and Josh Jank, the red diamond folks.  In the book there is a red diamond hidden on each page.  We tried to hide a red diamond in our pictures.  Can you find them?









 






No comments:

Post a Comment