Thursday, March 8, 2018

March 8, 2018

EARLY POST THIS WEEK

TOMORROW, FRIDAY MARCH 8 is
GRANDPARENT/SPECIAL FRIEND DAY

Please look at the paper that came home Wednesday for the schedule and activities!



I will be attending a Lutheran Principal's conference with my husband and will not be at school Friday, Monday, or Tuesday.  Hannah, my oldest, will be subbing for me on Friday and Mrs. Masa will be my sub on Monday and Tuesday.  I know they will do a great job.
A Look Ahead:
Memory: 1 John 1:9
Religion: Holy Week
Phonics: long e spelled ea and ee
Spelling: Lesson 23
Grammar: antonyms 
Science: seasons
Art: Alexander Calder 
Centers:
Reading: Poem, What Do You Do in Spring
Word Work: using silent e
Sentence: unscramble sentences
Writing: paragraph about catching a Leprechaun 




PLEASE SEND IN AN EGG CARTON WITH 12 PLASTIC EGGS to school by March 23 .  We will be doing a religion project on March 26 . You may sent them in any time before March 23 .

Third Quarter ends this Friday and report cards will be send home next Friday.  I will contact you after report cards are sent home if I would like to have a conference.  If you would like a conference feel free to contact me after report cards have gone home.  I can't believe we are entering the last quarter of first grade.  Wow the time has flown!!


You who made the heavens splendor, every dancing star of night,
Make us shine with gentle justice, let us each reflect your light.
Mighty God of all creation, gentle Christ who lights our way,
Loving Spirit of Salvation, lead us on to endless day!
I hope you are taking time this Lent to spend time as a family around God's Word.  I would encourage you to complement that family devotion time with weekend worship.

In HIM,
Amy Bernhardt

A Sneak Peek at our week...
We had a great time learning about severe weather from meteorologist Jessica Quick.









We made KINETIC Art like Alexander Calder

We discussed clouds.
We wrote cloud facts.

We are learning about number order.





 We learned about the parable of The Lost Sheep.  We also learned how Jesus cares for us like a shepherd cares for his sheep.  We made a sheep poster.




We ate lunch in our room.

 We are learning about 'synonym' rolls.

matching synonyms
thinking of synonyms

We baked our 'synonym' rolls.

They were yummy!
They were tasty!
They were delicious!

nice work Nick




No comments:

Post a Comment