Friday, November 20, 2015

November 20, 2015

I hope that you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and remember to Thank Jesus for all of His blessings.  
Thanksgiving Chapel
Thank you Student Council for the message and the reminder, "Be thankful for things big and little look at the doughnut and not the middle!"

Please join us in thanking our gracious God!
Zion has a Thanksgiving church service on Wednesday night at 7:00pm and Thursday morning at 9:00am.  I invite you to come and thank and praise our Lord!

A Look Ahead to the week of November 30:
Memory: Individual Speaking part and first verse of song
Religion: Prophets Tell of a Savior
Grammar: verbs
Spelling: Lesson 14 
Math: odd and even numbers and more with clocks
Science: Animal Habitats
Social Studies: begin a unit on CHRISTMAS AROUND THE WORLD
Art: a wood nativity 
Literacy:
phonics- sort long and short a
alphabet-long a hunt
writing: Christmas lists
math: using the hundred chart
word work: common and proper 
poetry:  A Poem of Thanks



Books make great stocking stuffers and gifts.  I am sending home book orders.  If these are to be a gift please email my that the books are gifts and I will get them to you secretly!
Please go online to order.  I will place the order on November 30.




We have been working with counting dimes and pennies.  Please work with your child in counting dimes and pennies both counting the coins and showing an amount of money with dimes and pennies.

Christmas Gift Ideas:
Looking for stocking stuffers many students could use new crayons and glue sticks! 

Here is a picture from last year with the Napali Refugees and the Christmas gifts we provided.
Starting after break we will be collected money to purchase gifts for them this Christmas.
I have received the list from Pastor Sam Thomason, there are 7 families with 19 children.

Friday Cleaner  December 4:
Krizbai

I am thankful for you!  God has blessed me with a great class and group of parents.  I thank God for you. May you have a blessed Thanksgiving, may you enjoy time with family and friends, and may you keep Christ at the center of your celebrations.

IN HIM,


Amy Bernhardt


We learned about sneaky silent e...



 We are learning about the hundred chart and one more, one less, ten more and ten less.
 We took our stuffing and other foods to chapel.  Our class also brought in enough money for 5 turkeys!




 Student Council led our Thanksgiving chapel.


Thank you for helping provide the thanksgiving meals for Seminarians. 

We were able to fill the Seminary Food Bank!


Thank you Student Council for leading us being BLESSED TO SERVE!
 We are counting dimes and pennies.
Thank you Mrs. Oswald for being our VIP READER!

Enjoy the Thanksgiving Posters!

























No comments:

Post a Comment