Friday, December 20, 2013

December 20, 2013


For unto you is born this day in the city of David 
a Savior who is Christ the Lord!
Luke 2:11


I pray you have a very Merry Christmas     
and that your family's focus remains on Jesus
as you celebrate the season!      
     Make church a special tradition in your family! 
                                                               
Zion's Christmas Service Times:
 Christmas Eve: 3:00, 5:00 and 11:00
   Christmas Day: 9:00

I could not be prouder of our class and the constant witness they are for Jesus.
I want to share with you a few ways the class has shared Gospel this week:

Mrs. Tomlinson's, our resource teacher, father, Mr. Morgan is very ill and in the hospital.  Our class has been praying for him and sent him a card.  I would like to share the text Mrs. Tomlinson sent me Tuesday night, "My dad has not had a good day today.  He is very confused and anxious.  I told him when he is worried to read his card.  He read the card several times and was actually smiling. Please share this with your class and thank you."

We filled over 4 laundry baskets with diapers and wipes as well as donated a pack and play and stroller to ThiVe.  Thank you for your generosity!

We made a giant card for Drew.  We also decided to send him one of our favorite CDs since we know he loves to sing and dance.  The class was willing to give up their favorite CD to share with Drew!  Please remember to send him a card during break!!

I was truely touched to watch the First and Second graders lead the Advent worship.  Even though I had seen it practiced tons of times, I was amazed at the bold witness to tell the Christmas story 
and to sing praise to Baby Jesus!

The Holy Spirit is at work in these children!!

A look into 2014:
Memory: Titus 2:11
Religion: Simeon and Anna see the Messiah
Spelling: Lesson 17
Grammar: synonyms and antonyms
Math: Timed Test over adding 2 and other facts on WEDNESDAY
Science: The stars
Literacy Centers:
   writing: thank you letters
   word work: contractions
   alphabet: reading and visualize
   phonics: sorting digraphs ch, sh, th
   poetry: Penguins
   math: build a penguin

SPECIAL GUEST:  To Celebrate Epiphany we will have a special guest the week will get back. The published author Joanne Bader will come to our room, tell us about being an author, read a few of her books, and then autograph a book for us.  This will kick off our unit of writing that when end with us publishing a hard bound book.  More info to come...
      
FIELD TRIP TO FLORISSANT CIVIC CENTER TO SEE THE TEACHER FROM THE BLACK LAGOON.  We will be going on January 17, look for a permission slip the week we get back.
I must confess I lost the parent field trip sign up form.  If you have not gone on a field trip and would be able to go in on January 17, please email me and I will randomly choose 2 parents.  Thanks

Thank you to our room parents for planning our Christmas party and for the volunteer parents who came to help.

 Enjoy the pictures from this week and our Christmas Party.

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND GOD'S RICHEST BLESSINGS TO YOU!!!



In HIM,
Amy

Elvis began the week by sharing with us bells on pink ribbon.
 The pink was for the third Advent candle the pink JOY candle! 
Elvis learning the true meaning of Christmas is JESUS birth.
Elvis reading Mrs. Bernhardt's special Christmas Book.

Elvis went home and couldn't wait to share the GOOD NEWS of JESUS!



Eighth graders came in and taught us a CHRISTMAS Poem with actions!


We used OREOs to help us learn the moon phases.

Making a cresent moon!

Trying to eat all the filling to make new moon.

Putting the phases in order.

DONE!

All the waxing phases!


CHRISTMAS PARTY PICTURES!!!









No comments:

Post a Comment