This is a video from the Grandparent's Day Chapel.
May we continue to keep our focus on Christ this Lent.
I hope you make Church and Bible Study a priority for you and your family.
A Look Ahead:
Memory: Isaiah 52:6
Religion: Holy Week
Spelling: We will have NO SPELLING TEST this week due to Achievement test,
I will spend some time reviewing past spelling words as we will now have 2 past
words included on the weekly test.
The lesson for the week of March 25 will be lesson 27.Grammar: No new Grammar we will review how to make correct sentences
Literacy Centers: We will not have centers due to testing.
Math: Subtraction from 10
Social Studies: Participating in various groups
Art: Claude Monet
ART WORK ON DISPLAY: Our first grade's Wassily Kandinsky Artwork will be on display at Lutheran High School this Saturday morning, March 16 from 8:30-12:00.
ACHIEVEMENT TEST NEXT WEEK
Please make sure your child gets a good night sleep and eats a healthy breakfast. This is the first time the students will be experiencing this type of testing. It is important that they learn the process and get used to this type of evaluation tool. Although in first grade I am not always sure of the accuracy of the assessment. Due to the limited exposure to this type of test. The test is another tool to help assess students achievement. It is good to practice taking these types of tests and will give some sort of a baseline for future years. We will be spending a lot of time this week talking and learning about taking tests as well as taking the achievement tests. I always stress to just do your best. Please don't put any pressure on your child about this test. You probably don't even need to mention the tests to your child.
REPORT CARDS are in the Friday Folders. If you have any question please contact me.
OPTIONAL PARENT CONFERENCE: If you would like a third quarter parent conference please go the google doc I have set up. You can access the doc with this link and sign up for a time. These are optional conferences and if you don't hear from me specifically about meeting, these conferences are your choice. I wanted to make them available to everyone. This conference would be to discuss your child's progress so far this year. PLEASE SIGN UP BY MONDAY.
Click on this link to sign up for a conference:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AuoN-Fc4hnfIdEtUNC1NNEhmd2ZPVUNnclA0Sm5BekE&usp=sharing
Please look at the THRIVE NEWSLETTER in the Friday Folder. There is an article and picture from our 100th Day service project.
EASTER EGG HUNT: You are invited to Zion's EASTER EGG HUNT on MARCH 23, 10:00am-12:00am
Please see banner for details.
CANDY NEEDED: Non chocolate candy is still need for the Easter Egg Hunt please bring donations to the school office.
I am having trouble uploading the pictures for this week. I will include them with next week's pictures.
Enjoy the weekend!
In HIM,
No comments:
Post a Comment