This week we have learned about Caleb and Joshua and how they trusted God to take care of them. We learned that after the Israelites crossed the Jordan River on dry ground to enter the Promise Land they took 12 stones and made a monument to remind them what God did for them. Whenever the Israelites saw the stones they were to tell each other what God has done for them. I asked the class to tell me what God has done for them: He gives me food and drink, He gives me pets, He gives me my family and parents, He gives me friends, Jesus died to take away my sins, He gives me teachers, He gives me love, He gives me a home, He gives me the army to protect me, He gives us firefighters and police, He sent Jesus, His angels protect me, He is always with me, He helps me. WHAT A GREAT WITNESS TO OUR MIGHTY GOD!
WE SING THIS WEEKEND! SUNDAY AT 8:00. Please have your child in the upstairs music room at 7:45 to warm up. Our class will get to tell our Jesus love in song! WHAT A GREAT WITNESS TO OUR LOVING SAVIOR! The class will come down for the children's message and then return to sit with you for the rest of the service.
A Look Ahead:
Next week is a short week.
REMINDER: PARENT CONFERENCES are THURSDAY No School Fall Break on FRIDAY
Religion: Deborah the Judge
Memory: Joshua 1:9 DUE ON WEDNESDAY
Grammar: Irregular Plural Nouns
Spelling: NO SPELLING TEST THIS WEEK we will review sight words
Phonics: review consonant clusters with one sound
Math: adding 1, graphing, and patterns
Science: Reptiles and Insects
Reading: We will be working on a Writing activity
Centers:
Poetry: Bat Bat
Phonics: sorting blends
Name: making nouns plural
Writing: My Pet book
Math: practicing doubles facts
On Wednesday we will say good bye to our friend Katie. Katie and her family will be moving to Kansas City. We pray for a smooth transition and ask God to bless them. The Lord your God is with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9
STUDENT TEACHER: I am excited to tell you that we will have a student teacher in our classroom, Shanny Smith has been teaching in our full day Preschool. She now needs to spend a month in a first grade room. I am thrilled to have Mrs. Smith in our room, she has worked in my room before and is an excellent teacher. I am pleased to say that after her student teaching Mrs. Smith we be Zion's Full day Preschool Teacher.
I am sad to say that our class has had some trouble this week with showing respect to each other, school property and to me. Please talk to your child about respectful behavior. I have had many class meetings this week to discuss respect. Thank you for your help.
In First Grade learning is a partnership between home and school. I ask you to please take a few minutes each day to read with your child. Reading the leveled copied books each week at home is an important part of our balanced literacy. Please read these books several times during the week. Please sign the slip and return it to school by Friday to let me know that your child has read the leveled book several times. I have provided the BLUE BOOK BAG books to expose your child different genres and levels this helps build vocabulary and knowledge. I am using these to replace book reports. Reading these should be a fun time. I do expect you to have to read some of the books to your child. Hearing books read is another important part of balanced literacy. Please read EACH book in the blue bag and return the bag to school on Monday. You may mark of the time you read or your child reads on the monthly log. Thank You
I look forward to worshiping with you on Sunday and talking with you at conferences on Thursday.
In HIM,
Amy
Look at our pictures from this week. (sorry we had a busy week and I forgot to take pictures)
![]() |
| twins |
| more twins |
| Where the Wild Things Are in FIRST GRADE |
![]() |
| Look who is King of the Wild Things |
| Sharing stories |
| Reading our stories to a partner |
| We have been writing some great personal narratives! |
BUILDING 12 STONE MONUMENTS!!
Telling the greatness of the LORD!




No comments:
Post a Comment