Monday, July 28, 2025

July 30, 2025

 Our School Theme this year is:







First grade is such a BIG year for your child.  I can't wait to be a partner with you as we help your child to grow spiritually and academically.

Here are some ways for us to connect before school starts...



FIRST GRADE will be having a Parent Orientation Night on Thursday, August 7. 
PLEASE PLAN TO ATTEND: 
Thursday, August 7th - 
Parent Orientation Night for ELP, Preschool, Kindergarten AND First Grade Parents-

6:00-6:45pm and/or 7:00-7:45pm - Parents only please; join us in the school commons for either session. Please enter in the gym/commons doors. It is very important for you to attend, however you do not need to sign up for a specific time, just come on in.

This will take the place of the Parent's Back to School Night for First Grade!

I look forward to meeting you and sharing with you a lot of information about first grade.  This is a very important night.  Feel free to email me to set up a time if you need to speak individually with me.

MONDAY, AUGUST 11  2:00-7:00
I look forward to seeing parents and kids  on 
MONDAY, AUGUST 11 
 at ZION'S OPEN HOUSE! 
Please sign up and spend 15 minutes with me during the Open House time.  I find it helps if I only have one first grader and family in the room at a time.

At Open House your child will meet me, see our classroom, bring their supplies to school, 
and get their school picture.  
(so please wear your school uniform for the picture)
You DO NOT need to label your supplies as we will share supplies throughout the year.

Family Pictures Needed
I use family pictures in a display to help students when they struggle with missing mom and/or dad during the school day. So please provide me one or two photos by Parent Orientation on August 7.

If you are a new family to Zion I would like to welcome you to our Zion family. Please feel free to ask me any and all questions you may have! 


If you need to contact me-
My email is: abernhardt@zionharvester.org

I hope you enjoy the last bit of summer and are ready for school!

See you at the PARENT ORIENTATION NIGHT AND OPEN HOUSE.

Enjoy learning a little bit about me as I look forward to getting to know you and your child!

Amy Bernhardt
abernhardt@zionharvester.org


              My Favorite Team

My Favorite Bible Verse

My Favorite Dinner
My Favorite Class 
My Favorite School Activity



My Favorite Book

z

My Family

Moseley, my dog

I actually attended Zion 1-8, graduated from Lutheran High St. Charles, and earned a BA in Elementary Education at Concordia, Chicago. I have a minor in Biology and I love to teach Science.  Although, I could teach reading all day.  I love helping students become better readers and watch them begin to love reading. I also love art and teach students to appreciate art as well as master different techniques. My favorite is science and doing experiments and hands on activities!


My passion is teaching and I love what I do. I want my students to know the love of Jesus and I try to share that love with them every second that they are in my room. I see each child as a special creation of God and try to treat them in a way that I would want my own daughters to be treated.  I try to have fun in my classroom and  I want my students have fun as they learn and to have a thirst for knowledge.


I grew up here in St. Charles and I am blessed to have my parents, sister and her family, and in-laws all living close by. My sister is Mrs. Hoehner, she is also a teacher at Chapel of the Cross in St. Peters.


My husband, Jon,  is the principal at Lutheran High School, St. Charles. I have three daughters. Hannah, my oldest is married to Matt, an Athletic Trainer at Southern Indiana University. She is a Doctor of Physical Therapy. They live in Evansville, Indiana. Hannah and Matt are expecting my first grandchild, a girl, in December,  Grace, teaches Kindergarten at Christ Community Lutheran School in Webster Gardens, MO.  Maddie is my youngest, she has her doctorate in Occupational Therapy and works at Qualified Therapy Solutions.

In my free time I enjoy my family being together, volunteering at the Bethlehem After School Care Program, baking and cooking, woodworking and playing with my dog Moseley.



No comments:

Post a Comment