This week we learned about how God created
everything with just His Word.
I am so glad that God created each of the children in this class. I am having such a fun time getting to know them and their unique personalities. It definitely makes work fun when you have fun kids to be with all day. I already love your kid!
A Lood at Next Week...
Religion: Noah's Ark, God's Promises to Abram and us
Memory: I trust in you, O Lord. I say you are my God.
Psalm 31:14
Reading/Phonics: continue reviewing consonant and vowel sounds
Knowledge: Folktales
Writing: sentences and labels
Math: sums to 10, number bonds and number sentences
Handwriting: writing numbers 6-10, writing our last name, and review uppercase letters
Social Studies: people at school
Science: Plants- parts
Art: Piet Mondrain
NO SCHOOL FRIDAY, August 30, Teachers will attend the St. Louis area Lutheran Schools Teacher's Conference.
NO SCHOOL MONDAY, September 2 for Labor Day.
Don't forget to help remind your child to take the papers out of the KEEP AT HOME side of the folder. I try to have the Math paper in the red folder for you to look at and you will see some phonics and reading papers in the KEEP AT HOME side. There may also be a knowledge activity, ask your child if they can retell you the story that goes with the craft.

I have sat with each child and worked with his/her on writing his/her first name correctly. This is with only the first letter capital and forming all the letters correctly.
Here is a link if you need help with our number formation.
If you have questions about mileage club please email sjennings@zionharvester.org
You will see many papers this week. We are still doing most work ALL together and practicing our station work with part of it independent. DONT WORRY THIS WEEK if you see many papers with things marked wrong, keep in mind we doing work all together and we are still learning about how to do first grade work. Don't be alarmed if you have CAR papers. Just
remind your child to pay attention and if I write something on the board they need to write it on their paper.
The best part of my job...
Listening to my kids sing about Jesus while doing work!
Have a relaxing weekend.
May worship be a priority for your family.
In Christ,
Amy
A SNEAK PEEK of our WEEK...
Our devotion leader helps lead our devotions.
Making a Creation Sculpture

No comments:
Post a Comment