Friday, January 12, 2024

January 12, 2024

 

Last week I talked about the gift of a Christian Education.  This week I want to tell you about another gift my parents gave to me, it was the gift of weekly worship together.  When I was growing up there was no question what we would be doing on Sunday morning.  We would be in church and Bible Study or Sunday School.  We went to church as a family, 8:00.  I didn't always like getting up for early church and many times as a teenager I begged to drive myself to a later service.  But my parents insisted that we went to church together. I still remember being on vacation and finding a local church to attend.  Yes, I think I would have rather got up and swam some more on vacation but on Sunday we went to church.  Wow, what an impression.  God is most important.  My parents showed me that in their actions.  God is worth one hour even on vacation.  I continue to worship on a weekly basis.  Jon and I  try to always go to church as a family and cherish when our girls are home and we can worship together.  I am thankful for the opportunity to worship weekly for it is in worship that God comes to us and fills us up for the coming week, where God forgives us and gives us new life, where we stand with the body of believers and are built up, where we hear God's word explained to us, where we belong.  We are in a new year and a new quarter here at school, maybe weekly worship could goal for you this year/quarter.  It would be a great gift to give your family.


A Look at Next Week:

NO SCHOOL MONDAY- MLKJr Day

Memory: John 12:26 
Religion: Jesus calls His disciples
Math: graphs
Grammar:prounouns
High Frequency Word: have
Word Work: silent e
Core Knowledge: Astronomy
Science: weather
Social Studies: leaders
Writing: information writing paragraphs
Art: Jim Dine

100 CERAL BOXES:  We will need 100 empty cereal boxes by January 26.  Please send in your empty cereal boxes!!!

A look ahead to January 22-26 
National Lutheran Schools Week

100th Day Celebration will be on FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 2.
We will spend the afternoon doing fun activities with the number 100!


All students are expected to attend our singing in church on  SUNDAY FEBRUARY 4 at 10:30 am.
Field Trip FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 9
Please fill out the permission slip and return to school.
Each child will need to have a carseat for the field trip.



SCHOOL VALENTINES 

We will be making our valentine boxes here 

AT SCHOOL.  

Each child may bring Valentines to hand out. 
 Please include a Valentine for each child in our class.   
We are asking that you DO NOT send candy or food to school with the Valentines.  PLEASE NO CANDY OR FOOD! 
Our party will be on Tuesday February 14. Please bring Valentine's to pass out at the party!
Thank you

Our Class List

Zoe                Paisley            Abram            Nathaniel              Lincoln

Norah            Ian                    Kena              Blair                      Lucas

MaryKate     Jewel                Leighton        Claire                    Elise

Hazel            Noelle               Maddie           Thomas                Madison

Matthew

If you have any extra Valentines Julia and Tyler, the cafeteria workers, would love to get some Valentines!

We are now in  Third Quarter and I will be preparing the students for Second Grade.   We wil be learning new skills as well as reviewing past skills. The pace at which we work will begin to be pick up. I will also be grading the papers more carefully and will be working with the students on how to follow directions. I will expect them to be more independent.  You can work on independence at home as well.  Have you child be more responsible for getting their school things together and if they forget let them face the consequence here at school.  I love to work with students on helping them solve their own problems

SECOND QUARTER REPORT CARDS ARE IN THE FRIDAY FOLDERS.  If you have any questions please contact me.

Enjoy your three day weekend.  
Make worship a priority for your family!

In Him,
Amy Bernhardt

Thank you Miss Steinbacker for sharing with us Jesus' Baptism and craft!
Wow, over $50 for the special January offering for the Global Kids Network!

CONGRATS on 100 Miles 
Leighton!

In Core Knowledge we learned about the consellation Orion, Elise made his shield and sword with LEGOS!

long o-e word games

Faith Family service project- cards for the new retirement center across the street

cardinal art

graphing

pictograph

venn diagram

fluency practice



 word work
organizing a story retell
We learned about Martin Luther King Jr, we wrote facts about him and we even tried to draw him!

























No comments:

Post a Comment