Friday, August 25, 2023

August 25, 2023

 This week we learned about how God created everything with just His Word.  


I am so glad that God created each of the children in this class.  I am having such a fun time getting to know them and their unique personalities.  It definitely makes work fun when you have fun kids to be with all day.  I already love your kid!

A Lood at Next Week...
Religion:  Adam and Eve and the Fall into Sin
Memory:Romans 2:4
Reading:  We are going to be practice our literacy stations independently and beginning our small groups
Phonics:  short i
High Frequency/Red Ticket Word: his - review last week words
Math:  numbers to 10 
Handwriting: writing numbers 6-10, writing our last name, and assessment of writing our first name
Social Studies: people at school
Science: Plants
Art:  Piet Mondrain
Writing: writing labels
Second Steps: being a good learner

NO SCHOOL FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 1, Teachers will attend the St. Louis area Lutheran Schools Teacher's Conference.

NO SCHOOL MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 4 for Labor Day.

Don't forget to help remind your child to take the papers out of the KEEP AT HOME side of the folder.  I try to have the Math paper in the red folder for you to look at and you will see some phonics and reading papers in the KEEP AT HOME side.  Feel free to have your child read the stories at home.  These are stories that should be able to be read independently!

I have sat with each child and worked with his/her on writing his/her first name correctly.  This is with only the first letter capital and forming all the letters correctly.

In the Friday Folder I have a name assessment paper for you to see how I will assess the names next week.  



You will see many papers this week.  We are still doing most work ALL together and practicing our station work with part of it independent.  DONT WORRY THIS WEEK if you see many papers with things marked wrong, keep in mind we doing work all together and we are still learning about how to do first grade work. I have graded the papers like I will grade them so you will know the expectations for next week.

 Remind your child to pay attention and if I write something on the board they need to write it on their paper.  Next week I will start having kids make corrections at school and/or fix the papers at home as additional homework if there isn't time at school.
This week our Spelling test (and next week our Math test) was done ALL together and I am not recording the grade.  However I did grade it as if I was recording the grade so that you know how the test will be graded.


We finally have the confirmation from our second field trip.  Please go to the link and let me know which field trips and parties at which you can help.  Please let me know by next Friday.  I will then assign parents to be chaperones and helpers.  Each parent should be able to chaperone one field trip and attend one party.  If I don't have enough parents sign up  will have people help more. THANK YOU for your help!!!

 Link: Parent Chaperone and Helper Sign Up

This has been a great week, HOT but great.

 Your children are doing such a good job of learning our classroom routines and beginning to do first grade work. Even with only one recess we made it through!


We talk a lot about doing hard things, BUT WE CAN DO HARD THINGS! Remind your child that HE/SHE CAN DO HARD THINGS!!!

Chapel Theme song for the year...


You have called us by our name
We belong to You
You have called us by our name and we are Yours

Chosen by God,
Amy Bernhardt

Here is a PEEK at our WEEK...
WOW, thank you for helping your child know the importance of offering.  We collected $39.66 the first week.  The class has a goal of $400 for the year!
We begin the day with the invocation, devotions, and song!

Kinetic Creation Sculptures
I hope your child shared the story of creation using the kinetic creation sculpture




memory journal
We said our FIRST MEMORY VERSE
We made a creation book!

We learned about the color wheel and primary and secondary colors.
We mixed paint.We practiced cutting.We practiced using glue.

Phonics and Word Work
popping sounds and recording 

partner reading


Illustrating what we read
unscrambling sentences
sorting short a words
word detectives


building words

listening for sounds and pushing play dough
highlighting short a words
fluency reading with letters


We learned about living and non living with nightcrawlers and gummy worms

observations




We are learning about numbers 1-10
writing numbers and drawing objects to match

using ten frames
math game Who has the most?

counting to 5 in Tanzanian 
so much indoor recess


buddy reading

We are learning about turning in papers.

fluency reading with letters


 Look at our special HOT WEEK craft keepsake!





Check out our COLOR WHEEL FLOWERS
































No comments:

Post a Comment