I am so thankful to God for this school year. It has been a joy to share your children this year. I have seen them grow so much and feel blessed that I was given the opportunity to teach them. This is a class full of so many talented and unique personalities. Thank you for partnering with me this year. I feel that your children and you have become part of my family. I will keep you in my heart and prayers. I am truly blessed and love coming to school everyday. To God all praise and glory.
A Look Ahead: (ONE LAST TIME for FIRST GRADE)
Religion: The early church
Memory: we are done :)
Writing: poetry
Spelling: NO SPELLING TEST
Math: review of main concepts
Art: math art
Reading:review concepts
All School Field Day will be in the afternoon on Tuesday,
May 23! Your child may wear athletic shorts, a t shirt, and please have them wear tennis shoes! Feel free to put sunscreen on in the morning about half of the events are outside.
There will be NO hot lunch next week. Please send a packed lunch with your child. There will be certain items that can be purchased with CASH! See below!
Thursday, MAY 25, LAST DAY OF SCHOOL
We will have closing Chapel at 2:00 pm. Parents are welcome to attend and sit in the back of church. I do ask that our first grade class sits together during the service with me. Students will return to the classroom for final goodbyes .
Dismissal will be at normal time 2:55 pm!
Our class has worked so much on reading this school year. It is SO IMPORTANT to have your child continue reading this summer. Based on last year's statistics, 69% of students going from K-1st grade experienced some summer slide in phonics test scores, 64% of students going from 1st -2nd experienced some summer slide in phonics test scores, and 58% of students going from 2nd- 3rd experiences some summer slide in phonics test scores.
Even just reading 15 minutes a day will help prevent summer slide.
If you are interested more that just reading books this summer here are some summer programs you can purchase and download: (full disclosure I have not purchased these and just searched for summer reading on Teacherspayteachers site)
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Phonics-Focused-Review-Reading-Passages-Comprehension-1st-Grade-2nd-Grade-7996093?st=127a090ce09e3aa92f1a1a5ac2bc8181
https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Rising-Second-Grade-Summer-Reading-Packet-First-Grade-Review-5681298
If you are interested in something more formal like tutoring, please reach out to the following teachers who are offering tutoring this summer:
Holly Aslin: haslin@zionharvester.org
Chris Ford: cford@zionharvester.org
Rebekah Eatherton (she will be a new 3rd grade teacher and has offered to tutor students going into 3rd grade and students going into 4th): rebekah.eatherton@cune.org
In the Palm of His Hands,











No comments:
Post a Comment