Our School Theme this year is:
In a world where nothing is forever and everything is changing this year's theme verse reminds us that GOD'S LOVE is FOREVER and HE never changes. God loved us so much He sent Jesus. In God's Grace through Jesus we have Forgiveness and Eternal Life! This year we will continually learn about GOD'S LOVE as we SHARE the LOVE of JESUS with others.
First grade is such a BIG year for your child. I can't wait to be a partner with you as we help your child to grow spiritually and academically.
This year Zion is doing something NEW. Each teacher is having a virtual MEET AND GREET. Please go to the link and sign up for a Google Hang Out time. This will be a time for us to get to know each other. This is for your first grader and their family.
FIRST GRADE will be sending out a Parent Orientation Night Video. Look for an email on August 7 and plan to watch the orientation.
![]() |
| AUGUST 11 |
I hope you enjoy the last bit of summer and are ready for school!
Enjoy learning a little bit about me as I look forward to getting to know you and your child!
Amy Bernhardt
abernhardt@zionharvester.org
Hi, I have been teaching on and off for 26 years. I taught for 3 years then took 10 years off while my three girls were young. I have taught many grades including 4th, 3rd, 2nd, 1st, and PDO. This is my 11th year in First Grade. I love First Grade and all the exploring, learning, growing, and fun we get to have!
I actually attended Zion 1-8, graduated from Lutheran High St. Charles, and earned a BA in Elementary Education at Concordia, Chicago. I have a minor in Biology and I love to teach Science. Although, I could teach reading all day. I love helping students become better readers and watch them begin to love reading. I also love art and teach students to appreciate art as well as master different techniques.
My passion is teaching and I love what I do. I want my students to know the love of Jesus and I try to share that love with them every second that they are in my room. I see each child as a special creation of God and try to treat them in a way that I would want my own daughters to be treated. I try to have fun in my classroom and I want my students have fun as they learn and to have a thirst for knowledge.
I grew up here in St. Charles and I am blessed to have my parents, sister and her family, and in-laws all living close by. My sister is Mrs. Hoehner, she is also a teacher at Chapel of the Cross in St. Peters.
My husband, Jon, is the principal at Lutheran High School, St. Charles. I have three daughters. Hannah, my oldest, is in her last year the Doctoral Program at the University of Evansville in Indiana in Physical Therapy. Grace, is a Senior at Concordia University in Nebraska and majoring in Early Childhood Education. Maddie is my youngest and she is Sophomore at Concordia Wisconsin. She is majoring in Occupational Therapy.
In my free time I enjoy my family being together, the Cardinals, baking and cooking, reading, and playing with my dog Moseley.













No comments:
Post a Comment