
Last week I talked about the gift of a Christian Education. This week I want to tell you about another gift my parents gave to me, it was the gift of weekly worship together. When I was growing up there was no question what we would be doing on Sunday morning. We would be in church and Bible Study or Sunday School. We went to church as a family, 8:00. I didn't always like getting up for early church and many times as a teenager I begged to drive myself to a later service. But my parents insisted that we went to church together. I still remember being on vacation and finding a local church to attend. Yes, I think I would have rather got up and swam some more on vacation but on Sunday we went to church. Wow, what an impression. God is most important. My parents showed me that in their actions. God is worth one hour even on vacation. I continue to worship on a weekly basis. Jon and I try to always go to church as a family. But times are different and my girls often have games on Sunday. Yet we ALWAYS make sure that church is part of our weekend. Even if it means going on Monday night at Chapel of the Cross. I am thankful for the opportunity to worship weekly for it is in worship that God comes to us and fills us up for the coming week, where God forgives us and gives us new life, where we stand with the body of believes and are built up, where we hear God's word explained to us, where we belong. We are in a new year and a new quarter here at school, maybe weekly worship could goal for you this year/quarter. It would be a great gift to give your family.
A Look at Next Week:
NO SCHOOL MONDAY- MLKJr Day
Memory: John 3:16
Religion: Jesus Teaches
Grammar:Verbs
Spelling: Lesson 16 Long e
Math: subtracting 2 facts and using dimes and pennies
Social Studies: Martin Luther King Jr
Art: Perspective Art with snowmen
As we are now in Third Quarter and I will be preparing the students for Second Grade. I will expect them to be more independent. You can work on independence at home as well. Have you child be more responsible for getting their school things together and if they forget let them face the consequence here at school. I love to work with students on helping them solve their own problems. It is hard to solve a problem if moms and dads solve them before the child has a chance! For example if your child forgets the homework folder please allow the child to solve the problem at school rather than bringing the folder up to school. Thanks for your help.
I will also be grading the papers more carefully and will be working with the students on how to follow directions. I will be marking reversals and capital letters wrong on spelling tests.
We also will be timing the fact practicing sheets. Proficiency for third quarter is 20 problems in 2 minutes.
VALENTINES: We will be making our valentine boxes here AT SCHOOL. Each child may bring Valentines to hand out. Please include a Valentine for each child in our class. PLEASE NO CANDY! This year we are asking that you DO NOT send candy to school with the Valentines. Our party will be on February 14
Thank youOur Class List
Reese A. Charlotte William Jack D. Anna
Hughes Joshua Evie Hannah Colin
Gavin Emily Kate Aidan Parker
Ava Caleb Waylon Noah Jack S.
Ella Kinley Reese T. Logan
If you have any extra Valentines Julia and Tyler, the cafeteria workers, would love to get some Valentines!
Friday, January 24- One Hundred Day Celebration!!
Thank you to Sara Petit and Heather Horn for helping to organize and plan this fun day. Thank you to all the parent volunteers.
100 CERAL BOXES: We will need about 20 more empty cereal boxes by January 22. Please send in your empty cereal boxes!!!
IMPORTANT DATES...
Saturday, February 1, 2020 from 5:15-7:15PM: GREAT SKATE
Join your fellow Zion Lutheran School classmates for a night of fun and skating to will help raise money for PTL! This event will take place on Saturday, February 1, 2020 from 5:15-7:15PM. The cost is $6 for general admission plus $3 for skate rental.
Wednesday February 12 is a half day for the students.
February 29, 5:00 We sing in church.
Please mark your calendars!
Save the Date - Friday, March 6, 2020 for Grades 1-8
Grandparents’ or Special Friends’ Day is scheduled for Friday, March 6th from 8:00-11:00. Please plan on having a grandparent or special guest attend. Your child must have an adult present.
8:00 - 8:30 AM Arrive anytime between 8:00 - 8:30 with your adult.
8:00 - 9:45 AM Guests and students stay together and spend
time at various activities. A map will go home with students and extra maps will be available that day. Family units decide where they want to start.
*ZION ASKS YOU STAY TOGETHER AS A FAMILY UNIT FOR PROPER SUPERVISION*
9:45 - 10:00 AM Guests and students travel to church sanctuary
10:00 - 11:00 AM Closing program and chapel
11:00 AM Dismissal (from the church sanctuary)
LUTHERAN SCHOOL WEEK COMING UP SOON...
A look ahead to January 27-31, 2020
Lutheran Schools Week
Monday: We choose : WESTERN Day
dress like a cowboy or cowgirl or any western attire- I have a cowboy hat for each child!
We will be working on a collaborative art project this day.
We will have CHAPEL OF THE CROSS PRESCHOOL visiting us in the morning!
Tuesday: Crazy Weather Day
dress for a rainstorm or snowstorm or any other crazy weather event, jeans optional
We will be learning about the online mission trip.
Wednesday: PJ Day
wear pajamas or sweats
Chris Cakes will be serving us a pancake breakfast!
Thursday: Olympic Day
dress as an athlete or in gear from your favorite country, jeans optional
Friday: Red Out/White Out
wear as much red and white as you can to show school spirit
Jennie Williamson concert 9:30am
Enjoy our icy snow day!
IN HIM,


No comments:
Post a Comment