learned about Pentecost. Jesus promised to send a helper, the Holy Spirit! The Holy Spirit filled the disciples and gave them the power and words to tell all people in all languages about Jesus.
We too are filled with the Holy Spirit. We are given the power to tell the Good News of Jesus! Listen as we share the Good News in different languages!
I can't believe we have only 3 weeks of school left.
These last 3 weeks will be filled with continued learning and
I encourage you and your child to finish strong!
This class has been such a blessing.
I look forward to coming to work with them everyday.
What a joy and privilege it has been to be their teacher!
Thank you for the appreciation shown to me this week!
I really appreciate that notes and gifts!
You know how to make a teacher feel special!!
A LOOK AHEAD:
Memory: we are done!!!
Religion: Paul
Spelling: lesson 32
Grammar: I and me
Math: fractions and centimeters
Science: chemical changes
Art: Georgie Cezanne still life
Literacy Centers:
Phonics: building words using vowel teams
Word Work:comprehension
Alphabet: read, think, match
Phonics: building words using vowel teams
Word Work:comprehension
Alphabet: read, think, match
Math: counting change
Poetry:May
Poetry:May
Writing: The Spring Book
If your child has a summer birthday and they would like to celebrate at school please email me the date so that we don't end up with a ton of treats on one day!
We have been working on counting dimes, nickels, and pennies. This is something you could practice at home.
![]() |
| The TICKETS for those who participated are in the FRIDAY FOLDERS! |
Remember you can order from any flyer online.
Please order online at:
Shop Online: scholastic.com/readingclub
One-Time Class Activation Code: GPF69
Next Week's Cleaner: Mudd
I will be having a summer reading club. This tutoring will focus on maintaining reading and writing levels. Each session will include reading, writing, and an activity. It will be held on Tuesdays in the mornings. I like to keep the sessions small.
I plan on having two sessions, 9-10:15 and 10:30-11:45. If you are interested and would like to sign up please email me and I will send you information on dates and costs.
Next Week's Cleaner: Mudd
I will be having a summer reading club. This tutoring will focus on maintaining reading and writing levels. Each session will include reading, writing, and an activity. It will be held on Tuesdays in the mornings. I like to keep the sessions small.
I plan on having two sessions, 9-10:15 and 10:30-11:45. If you are interested and would like to sign up please email me and I will send you information on dates and costs.
As it gets closer to summer I want to remind you not to take a vacation from God. This class loves to sing the various liturgies used in church. They also have a very mature prayer life. I ask that you continue to nourish their faith.
Make a commitment to attend church weekly.
Make a commitment to attend church weekly.
Show your children that nothing is more important than God,
-not vacations (visit another church where you are vacationing),
-not sports (take advantage of the various services times and days),
-not sleeping in or boating or golf (show that God is important to you and make a point to worship even when it isn’t easy).
Your child will be blessed by your faithfulness to worship and will follow your example.
-not vacations (visit another church where you are vacationing),
-not sports (take advantage of the various services times and days),
-not sleeping in or boating or golf (show that God is important to you and make a point to worship even when it isn’t easy).
Your child will be blessed by your faithfulness to worship and will follow your example.
He tends His flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in His arms
and carries them close to His heart;
He gently leads those that have young.
Isaiah 40: 11
Being a mom can be a rewarding yet challenging job.
Please know that God is with you and
Please know that God is with you and
He carries you close to His heart.
May you have a wonderful day!
May you have a wonderful day!
In HIM,
Amy Bernhardt
We enjoyed celebrating being kids this week, take a look at our fun and work...
Pajama Day!!
We took a nap :)
We wore some silly socks in a sea of BLUE!!
GO TEAMS!!

I am a Promise
I am a possibility. I am a Promis with a capital "P".
I am a great big bundle of potentiality.
And I am learning to hear God's voice.
And sharing Jesus love is my choice.
I am a Promis to be anything God wants me to be.
Meet the 'characters' in First Grade
![]() |
| Tom Sawyer |
![]() |
| Fancy Nancy |
![]() |
| Pippi Longstocking and Mr. Nilson |
![]() |
| Jack from Magic Tree House |
![]() |
| Pippi Longstocking |
![]() |
| Percy Jackson |
![]() |
| Collette from Thea Stilton |
![]() |
| Mrs. Frizzle and some students |
![]() |
| Wanda and The Friz |
![]() |
| Fern and Charlotte |
![]() |
| Ramon Quimby age 8 |
![]() |
| Martin Luther |
![]() |
| Jesse from Boxcar Children |
![]() |
| Alice in Wonderland |
![]() |
| Luke Skywalker |
![]() |
| Annie and Jack |
We had a WILD RIDE!![]() |
| Mrs. Helm came to read to us and teach us about China. |
![]() |
| On May 13 Jeremiah and his family are going to China for 2 months. |
![]() |
| Their family will be missionaries in China. Even though it is against the law to tell others about Jesus, the Helms will be sharing Jesus love with college students. |
![]() |
| We pray the Holy Spirit provides opportunities for them to tell about Jesus with the people they meet. |
![]() |
| We pray for safe travels and willing ears. May God go with you and the Holy Spirit fill you with His power and words as you tell others about THE SAVIOR, JESUS! |
![]() |
| We even got to sample some Chinese Pear Juice! |
Mr. Ernstmeyer shared with us the Good News of Jesus in John 3:16 in chapel.
![]() |
| building words |
![]() |
| finding au/aw words in our room |
![]() |
| working with cash |
![]() |
| We are reading chapter books! |
![]() |
| double digit addition |
![]() |
| poetry and rhyming words |
![]() |
| adding predicates to sentences |
![]() |
| playing OUCH |



![]() |
| physical changes |
![]() |
| more physical changes |
![]() |
| learning our last addition facts |






















































No comments:
Post a Comment