Friday, January 7, 2022

January 7, 2022

 After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of Herod, Magi form the east came to Jerusalem and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews?  We saw His star in the east and have come to worship him." Matthew 2:1-2


The wisemen brought gifts to Jesus, we have just given gifts to each other at Christmas, God has given us the best gift, our Savior Jesus.

As I think about gifts my parents gave me as a child I see the gift of a Christian Education as the best gift.  I now know the sacrifices that they made to afford my education at Lutheran Schools.  I appreciate the extra time my parents spent helping me and volunteering at my schools.  I was always surrounded by those who shared with me the story of Jesus and His love.  I received a high quality education that formed me into the person I am today.  I was taught the power of prayer and how to live my faith.  I was constantly reminded that Jesus loves me.  I saw my teachers in church and saw them live a life of service and love to God.  I want to thank you for also seeing the importance of a Christian Education.  Life is different here at Zion, we are more than a school.  We are a family, a family of believers, brothers and sisters in Christ and like a family things are not always perfect, yet we love and forgive each other.  We share Christ and we learn about His love.  Zion is a great place to be!

Re-enrollment :
 Check Sycamore for the new enrollment procedures.

A Look Ahead:
Religion: Jesus' Baptism
Memory: Ephesians 4:5
Word Work: welded Teams, 3 letters with one sound review
-ing, -ang, -ong, -ung
Science: animal adaptations and habitats
Math: totals greater than 10
Social Studies: maps
Art: more snowmen and directed drawing and activities for MLK JR Day
Writing:writing stronger sentences



A look ahead to January 24-28
National Lutheran Schools Week

Monday: Zoom Call Day
Wear business on top and jammies on bottom!

Tuesday: Crazy Day
Dress crazy from head to toe.

Wednesday: P.J. Day
Wear your P.J.s.

Thursday: Holiday Day
Represent one or many holidays with what you wear!

Friday: Class Choice- Bernhardt Beehive
Dress like a bee, we will be making bee antenna in class!!

Congratulations Leyna on 100 miles!  
We continue to lead the pack in Milage Club!

Our class will be putting together a 
EAT LOCAL Gift Card Basket for the auction.
I am asking for monetary donations to put together our class basket.  The baskets are due at the beginning of February.  Please participate and help me put together an 
awesome basket.
You may send in cash or VENMO me @Amy-Bernhardt-3.
THANK YOU for your HELP!!



Look for copied books or word lists each Tuesday.  
Follow the orange paper to guide you with the books for Reading Homework.

Wise Men Still Seek HIM 
May you come to worship the King this weekend!  May you enjoy the gifts He gives of love, forgiveness, and eternal life, May you be His gift to others as you live your life as God's star.

In HIM,
Amy Bernhardt
We are so close to making our 2021 goal and moving to out 2022 goal for meals for kids in Cambodia!  Our class has donated $409 which is 818 meals.  Thank you for helping your child serve others in need!!!

We continued to celebrate Christmas with Epiphany this week.



making teen numbers

indoor recess









We were disappointed in no snow on Thursday so we did our word work in 'snow'!


learning about amphibians


using tens and ones

STEAM center

spelling center

reading center

sight word center

guided reading working on comprehension


another 50 miles
writing a strong sentence
poetry



plural nouns

writing

art- snowmen
























STEAM SNOWFLAKES







No comments:

Post a Comment