Friday, August 23, 2019

August 23, 2019

This week we learned about how God created everything with just His Word.  









I am so glad that God created each of the children in this class.  I am having such a fun time getting to know them and their unique personalities.  It definitely makes work fun when you have fun kids to be with all day.  I already love your kid!

Religion:  Adam and Eve and the Fall into Sin
Memory: 1 John 4:4
Reading: I will try an beginning our benchmark assessments in Reading.  We are also going to be practice our literacy stations
Grammar: Sentences, focusing on what a sentence needs
Spelling:  Week 2
Phonics:  Hearing sounds in a sequence
Math:  Continue review of numbers, begin ordering and matching
Social Studies: School and learning from each other 
Art:  Piet Mondrain
Writing:  We will begin our Lucy Calkins writer's workshop

NO SCHOOL FRIDAY, AUGUST 30 as our school will be attending the a conference with other Lutheran Grade Schools in St. Louis. The keynote speaker is Gerry Brooks!
Maybe you have seen some of his Youtube videos :) 

NO SCHOOL MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 2 for Labor Day.

We took our first spelling test today and you can see the test in your child's Friday Folder.  This was a practice test and I didn't record the grade.  I will begin recording the grades next week.  Please look at how the tests are graded.  The sentence must have all words spelled correctly, begin with a capital letter,  have no other capital letters, and end with an end mark. 
I will not be marking reversals and capital letters on the word portion but I will remind them to use lower case letters.  I will start marking these wrong once we have done a few tests.  I did put the test in the Friday Folders this week.  I usually do not have time to grade them and put them in the folders on the same Friday.

You will notice on assessments that I will mark them P=proficient, working on grade level

NP= nearing proficient, not quite working on grade level 
N=not proficient, working below grade level

Please work with your child on left and right.  This is a skill that some of them struggle with, help them to make the L with their hands to remind them of their left and right.  We will be playing  a game called Left, Right, Center in class next week. This is a fun way to practice, the game can be purchased or google it and make your own game.

I can get some great free stuff for the classroom and all I need is your signature!
Just sign the yellow paper nothing else needs to be filled out.
Return this in the Friday Folder, THANK YOU!
I have already seen some incorrect math papers.
If your child has a CAR paper, please correct the paper and return in the Friday Folder on Monday.
CAR=Corrct And Return
Please have your child use pencil only on the math papers unless the paper says to color then use crayons.
I NEED HELP!!!!! IT IS SO HELPFUL TO ME TO HAVE THE ROOM CLEANED.  THIS WILL ONLY TAKE YOU A FEW MINUTES AND IT GIVES ME TIME TO GET READY FOR NEXT WEEK INSTEAD OF SPENDING THAT TIME CLEANING.
THERE ARE SEVERAL OPENINGS, PLEASE GO TO THE LINK TO  SIGN UP.

This has been a great week.  Your children are doing such a good job of learning our classroom routines. I talk about the first graders being independent and I want to assure you I will teach them and help them along the way.  This will not happen over night it is a goal for the year.  Thank you for having your child walk in own their own, and helping them learn to solve problems by not bringing up forgotten items. 

Thank you for your prayers as I took my youngest to college and my older two returned to college!

I want to invite you again to join Bible study and Sunday School.   Please make church a priority for your family this weekend.
Called to Care,


Amy

Here is a PEEK at our WEEK...



Many of us are getting our first mileage club footies!

putting our name puzzles together



We learned about primary and secondary colors.
We painted with primary colors.

We mixed colors to make secondary colors.
We traced and cut our petals.


We made a color wheel.
See the end of the post to see our work.

We learned about our Reading Center Stations
writing
word work
reading folders
sentence building
buddy reading

spelling
STEAM
Bobcat Pit
Math Meeting 
math


We sent our first set of prayer cards.
If you would like to help this ministry I could use stamps!

Shared Reading

Working on This or That

Memory Journalling


All about Me Bags





Fun Friday UNO games

































We learned about taking a good picture.
Check out our photography.

No comments:

Post a Comment