After Jesus was born in Bethlehem in Judea, during the time of Herod, Magi form the east came to Jerusalem and asked, "Where is the one who has been born king of the Jews? We saw His star in the east and have come to worship him." Matthew 2:1-2
The wisemen brought gifts to Jesus, we have just given gifts to each other at Christmas, God has given us the best gift, our Savior Jesus.
As I think about gifts my parents gave me as a child I see the gift of a Christian Education as the best gift. I now know the sacrifices that they made to afford my education at Lutheran Schools. I appreciate the extra time my parents spent helping me and volunteering at my schools. I was always surrounded by those who shared with me the story of Jesus and His love. I received a high quality education that formed me into the person I am today. I was taught the power of prayer and how to live my faith. I was constantly reminded that Jesus loves me. I saw my teachers in church and saw them live a life of service and love to God. I want to thank you for also seeing the importance of a Christian Education. Life is different here at Zion, we are more than a school. We are a family, a family of believers, brothers and sisters in Christ and like a family things are not always perfect, yet we love and forgive each other. We share Christ and we learn about His love. Zion is a great place to be!
Re-enrollment : time is here. An email is being sent to current families, with information s that it is time to enroll. Enrollment will be completed online through Sycamore. Registration is open to new families January 21, current students will have to get their spots secured early. If you have any questions please contact Mr. Debrick.
A Look Ahead:
Religion: The Beginning of Jesus Ministry
Memory: John 3:16
Spelling: Lesson 14 long o with a silent e
Grammar: contractions
Phonics: the 'ar' chunk
Science: habitats
Math: subtracting 2 and working with money
Literacy Centers:
word work: compound words
reading: sequence
writing: writing sentences for pictures
sentences: unscramble words to make a sentence
IMPORTANT DATES and PAPERS:
Please sign and return the Field trip permission form on Monday. I have Mandy Sanders and Christine Kvet down as charpones, if you cannot chaperone please let me know ASAP. We will leave at 11 and return at 2:30.
Wednesday, January 17-DONUTS FOR DADS-
A special someone may join us from 7-7:45 in the church basement for a donut breakfast, dads are invited to stay for Chapel at 8:05-8:50.
We need a lead parent to be IN CHARGE Heather Horn has done a wonderful job of putting together the day and she has a folder with all the activities. If you could be a lead parent please let me know ASAP!
We need about 12 parents between the two classes to help. If you are not able to come and still want to help we need donations and prep work.
100 CERAL BOXES: We will need 100 empty cereal boxes by January 22. Please send in your empty cereal boxes!!!
On Friday the Community News came to do an article about our women's ministry crocheting mats for the homeless and our class making plarn.
The article will be in next week's addition and can be viewed at www.mycnews.com
James 2:14-16Faith and Deeds
14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it?
Wise Men Still Seek HIM, May you come to worship the King this weekend! May you enjoy the gifts He gives of love, forgiveness, and eternal life, May you be His gift to others as you live your life as God's star.
In HIM,
Amy Bernhardt
A Sneak Peek at our short week...
Being Epiphany Stars, leading others to Jesus
Compound word snowball fight!
| We threw the compound word parts... |
| We found a compound work part... |
| We matched the parts to make a compound word! |
change a letter word work
In the STEAM Lab we learned about snow crystals.
We read Snowflake Bentley, we designed snowflakes, and then we created snowflakes.
Ask your child the two facts about all snow crystals.
Snowflakes are drying and will come home next week!
| Snowflake 1B |

No comments:
Post a Comment