![]() ![]() |
| We have been learning about our theme: IN CHRIST I STAND Jesus is our rock. HE is our firm foundation! |
Opening Chapel
For Monday and the solar eclipse please
- have your child bring a towel to sit on for the lunch and viewing.
-if your child brings a cold lunch I ask for NO PEANUT BUTTER, as we will be eating outside and will not have a peanut table
-put sunscreen on your child, we will be outside from 11-1:15
This will be a shorter parent letter because I will share a lot of information at PARENT'S BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT, TUESDAY, AUGUST 22 at 6:30.
It is very important that at least one parent attend the BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT. I would like for you to attend the first and second sessions with me in our first grade room. In the past we have had a separate night to go over first grade information, but we would like to try to do it all on BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT. (Meeting in my room from 6:30-7:20) If you have other kids you can attend the last session at 7:30. This is for parents only no children please.
A quick look at next week:
Religion:Creation
Memory: Psalm 139:4memory is in your child's homework memory may be said any day(Tuesday-Friday)
A quick look at next week:
Religion:Creation
Memory: Psalm 139:4memory is in your child's homework memory may be said any day(Tuesday-Friday)
Reading: We will go over what good readers do
Stations: We will begin learning about our station time
Spelling: practice lesson 1
Stations: We will begin learning about our station time
Spelling: practice lesson 1
Phonics: rhyming words
Alphabet: ordering letters
Writing Workshop: How to write a story
Grammar: What is a sentence?
Spelling: Lesson 1 Practice Test Friday
Spelling Words: We will have a practice test on Friday over Lesson 1 -at chunk words
Grammar: What is a sentence?
Spelling: Lesson 1 Practice Test Friday
Spelling Words: We will have a practice test on Friday over Lesson 1 -at chunk words
sight words: the, and
Spelling Dictation Sentence: The cat is fat.
Math: Review of numbers and shapes
Science: What a Scientist Does and Stem Activity
Social Studies: School Community
Art: Color wheel
I hope this will help you talk with your child about what we are doing next week in school.
Science: What a Scientist Does and Stem Activity
Social Studies: School Community
Art: Color wheel
I hope this will help you talk with your child about what we are doing next week in school.
![]() |
| I have a no homework on Fridays Policy. The weekends are for family time so I do not give math homework on Fridays. |
Your child may bring a water bottle to school to drink during the day. Please send a bottle that has a sippy type lid that pops up to keep spills to a minimum.
Please look in your child's YELLOW Friday Folder each week. Please mark the church and Sunday school attendance and initial so that I know you have looked at the Friday Folder! There isn't much homework in the Friday Folder this week.
Hot Lunch Program – Food Allergies: Since Zion participates in the National School Lunch Program, we are reviewed by the state every 3 years. At our last Administrative Review with the state, and it was brought to our attention that we need a note from a doctor when a student require substitutions for lunch – milk included. Please send a note from your to the school office specifying which foods your student can’t have or if your child can have juice instead of milk.
It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know your child this week and I look forward a terrific year. I hope to see
many of you in church this weekend. I would also like to invite you to Adult Bible class which meets in the church basement and Sunday school which meets in the school commons/lunch room.
Please enjoy the pictures of our first days. It will give you a small picture of our awesome 3 days :)
SEE YOU AT BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT- TUESDAY, AUGUST 23, AT 6:30 !!
Please say a special prayer for my daughter Grace as she is a college Freshmen and we dropped her of at school in Nebraska on Friday.
Make worship a priority this weekend.
In Christ I Stand,
Amy Bernhardt
Jesus is our ROCK
Making our religion crafts...
I hope your child shared with you about Jesus this week!
I Have...Who Has Alphabet Game
We made notes and put them onto a poster that reminds us to be kind.
Recess Fun...Making Friends
Exploring our Math Boxes
Amy Bernhardt
A SNEAK PEAK AT THE FIRST WEEK...
![]() |
| All School Picture |
![]() |
| Class Picture |
![]() |
| We pledge allegiance... |
![]() |
| coloring a small rock |
![]() |
| putting the rock on a cross |
![]() |
| The focus of our day, JESUS! |
Making our religion crafts...
I hope your child shared with you about Jesus this week!![]() |
| chapel |
![]() |
| We read the Kissing Hand and did an activity. |
![]() |
| We wrote about what we want to learn in first grade. |
Shared Reading Mini Lesson...The Alphabet
Playing games with phonics sounds.
I Have...Who Has Alphabet Game
We made notes and put them onto a poster that reminds us to be kind.
![]() |
| Handwriting |
![]() |
| Turning in Work |
![]() |
| Discussing Guidelines for Recess and Lunch |
Exploring our Math Boxes
All About Me Bags





















































































No comments:
Post a Comment