You are your child’s PFD!!
In confirmation this week I learned that I am my child’s PFD, personal faith developer. As parents we are given the task of developing our child’s faith. Do not fear you are not alone in this task. The Holy Spirit will help you along with Zion Church and School. You may wonder what a PFD does;
Pastor Rouland gives three responsibilities:
set an example, be authentic, and be faithful.
May God bless you in your job of PFD!
A Look Ahead:
Art: Paul Klee
Please take a second and sign the HIGHLIGHTS form. I only need a parent's signature to earn points towards free classroom stuff.
HELPERS NEEDED: On Friday, September 28 our class will celebrate Johnny Appleseed's Birthday. We will spend the morning doing fun 'apple' activities. I could use a few extra hands. Please email me if you are able to spend the morning with us. I will need help from 9 to 11. Thanks in advance.
Religion: Joseph and his family
Memory: John 15:16
Reading: Literacy Centers
phonics: build words with short e chunks, en, et, e.g.
alphabet: work with ending sounds in words
writing: write a book about plants and their colors
math: ordering numerals and writing numbers to 20
name: working with beginning sounds
poetry: Read A Color poem
computer: www.tinyurl.com/zionshapes
Spelling: Lesson 4
Grammar: Exclamation and Question Sentences
Math: We will be working with money, identifying numbers, and putting numbers into sets
Science: Plants and their parts
Social Studies: Schools have rules
We have started our guided reading groups and I feel this week went well. Next week your child will bring home a paper book. Please have your child read the book and then sign the form. Your child should read this book every night and return it on Friday. Rereading the same familiar book will help build fluency.
I hope you enjoyed the Blue Bag Books. Please return the books on Monday so that others will be able to take them home. I have noticed many of you have been reading and marking the September Reading Log, keep up the good work.
Please take a second and sign the HIGHLIGHTS form. I only need a parent's signature to earn points towards free classroom stuff.
HELPERS NEEDED: On Friday, September 28 our class will celebrate Johnny Appleseed's Birthday. We will spend the morning doing fun 'apple' activities. I could use a few extra hands. Please email me if you are able to spend the morning with us. I will need help from 9 to 11. Thanks in advance.
Please join me this weekend as we worship our Savior in church. I hope you have begun noticing your child participating more in the service. Be your child's PDF. Give them the opportunity to worship together with their christian family.
in HIM,
Amy
Enjoy pictures from our week
| Mrs. Helmkamp teaching us how to make beginning sounds book using iPods and computers. Look for the books on my blog soon! |
| Building Words Thinking about what chunks to use! |
| Writing Center |
| Math Center: Graphing |
| Guided Reading Center |
| Geoboards in Math |
| Observing a plant and it's parts |
| Drawing and labeling a plant |
| Observing the roots |
| Dancing and Praising Jesus |
| Phonics lotto game: ending sounds |
| The lotto game was fun! |
| More ending sounds lotto |
| More praising GOD |
| Looking at our new class pet: TADPOLES |
| Coloring Abraham, Sarah and Isaac: God blesses us with our families |
| Weaving warm and cool colors |
| Making OP ART in the style of Victor Vasarely |
![]() |
| Matching ending sounds of the Smartboard |
.

No comments:
Post a Comment