Friday, May 11, 2012

May 11, 2012


I can't believe we have only 2 weeks of school left.  These last 2 weeks will be filled with many review and hopefully fun activities.  


Thank you for the cards and gifts.  I feel appreciated!!  I have said it before, this class has been such a blessing.  I look forward to coming to work with them everyday.  What a joy and privilege it has been to be their teacher!

A Look Ahead:
Memory: we have completed memory
Religion: Stories of the early Christian Church
Grammar: Poetry
Spelling: Lesson 33 oa and o-e
Math: timed test over subtraction Wednesday
Science: TEST over changing Matter E30-E53 on Wednesday
Social Studies: being a good neighbor
Reading: We will be reviewing main concepts using centers and writing activities

Don't forget to turn in fourth quarter reading logs.  Due May 21

My daughter Hannah and I are planning on having a reading camp one day a week this summer.  The camp will run 6 weeks.  This would help students maintain their reading level over the summer.  We will meet for an hour on THURSDAYS from 10-11 and spend our time in guided reading and doing centers and literacy activities.  The cost will be $5 a week.  If you are interested please email me. Hannah will contact you with more information and starting dates. 

As it gets closer to summer I want to remind you not to take a vacation from God.  This class loves to sing the various liturgies used in church.  They also have a very mature prayer life.  I ask that you continue to nourish their faith.  Make a commitment to attend church weekly.  Show your children that nothing is more important than God, not vacations (visit another church where you are vacationing), not sports (take advantage of the various services times and days), not sleeping in or boating or golf (show that God is important to you and make a point to worship even when it isn’t easy).  Your child will be blessed by your faithfulness to worship and will follow your example.

He tends his flock like a shepherd:
He gathers the lambs in his arms
and carries them close to his heart;
he gently leads those that have young. 
Isaiah 40: 11
Happy Mother’s Day!!


Enjoy the pictures from this week!
In HIM,
Amy
Favorite Color Human Graph
Looks like blue won!
                                           Every Child is an Artist...Pablo Picasso

                CAN YOU FIND YOUR CHILD WEARING THEIR PICASSO PORTRAIT?



















We went to a concert but on by the beginner strings.
In Second Grade students may take violin lessons here at school.

Crazy Socks

No comments:

Post a Comment