Friday, March 16, 2012

March 16, 2012


We are the Body of Christ
Together bringing His love to the world
We work together, We do it with cooperation!

This is from one of the songs KID'S PRAISE, a musical put on by 4th and 5th graders.  What a wonderful message, that we are all part of Christ and we show God's love to others.  What a blessing our class is to so many.  We continue to get cards and cookies from people for whom we have prayed.  I see first graders helping younger children.  I hear us giving compliments and encouragement to each other.  I am very proud of the cooperation in this class.

A LOOK AHEAD:
Memory: Psalm 100:1
Religion:  Focus on Jesus ministry
Spelling: NO SPELLING Due to Achievement Tests
On the week of March 23 we will do spelling lesson 26
Grammar: I and me
Science: TEST THURSDAY OVER D36-D53
Social Studies:  We can help our families
(we have practiced sorting and balling socks ask your child to help)
Reading:  Literacy Centers
     computers:tinyurl.com/zionmadlibs
     phonics: sight word circus
     alphabet: circle word game
     spelling: using an ipod to practice spelling (NO NEW WORDS THIS WEEK)
     writing:  bubble gum writing
     math:  measuring with feet
     name:  super sentences
     poetry:  March Winds


The weathers makes us think that summer is almost here, yet we still have a quarter to go.  Third quarter report cards will be available on edline Friday, March 16 after 3.  If you have any trouble viewing the report card please call the office.

OPTIONAL PARENT CONFERENCE:  If you would like a third quarter parent conference please go the google doc I have set up.  You can access the doc with this link and sign up for a time.  These are optional conferences and if you don't hear from me specifically about meeting, these conferences are up your choice.  I wanted to make them available to everyone.  This conference would be to discuss your child's progress so far this year.

Click on this link to sign up for a conference:

Optional Parent Conference Sign Up


ACHIEVEMENT TEST NEXT WEEK
Please make sure your child gets a good night sleep and eats a healthy breakfast.  This is the first time the students will be experiencing this type of testing.  It is important that they learn the process and get used to this type of evaluation tool.  Although in first grade I am not always sure of the accuracy of the assessment.  Due to the limited exposure to this type of test.  It is good to practice taking these types of tests and will give some sort of a baseline for future years.  We will be spending a lot of time this week talking and learning about taking tests as well as taking the achievement tests.  I always stress to just do your best.  Please don't put any pressure on your child about this test.  You probably don't even need to mention the tests to your child.

SCIENCE ACTIVITIES:  Since we are learning about taking care of the earth that God has made for us we have decided to put, REDUCE, REUSE, and RECYCLE into practice.
To REDUCE we are going to always use both sides of paper, to RECYCLE I told the class they can bring aluminum cans in next week and we will recycle them, and to practice REUSE I have told the class to bring in up to 3 unused toys and up to 3 already read books.  The class will then be able to choose 'new' toys and books.  Please send the items in by Wednesday as we will 'swap' the toys then.  The toys and books will NOT be returned instead they will be reused by someone else.

SCIENCE DAY AT LUTHERAN HIGH:  APRIL 21 9:00 am
I have not heard from anyone about participating in this day.  I would highly encourage my bright students to sign up for some of the activities.  Please email me your teams or I can help put the teams together for you. 


KLEENEX AND CLORAX WIPES NEEDED:  We have only one box of tissue and 2 containers of wipes left.  Please send one of each in next week.  THANK YOU!!


May you make worship a priority.  May you set aside time to worship as a Body of Christ this weekend.


Enjoy the pictures of Dr. Seuss fun with our chapel buddies!


In HIM,
Amy























No comments:

Post a Comment