Friday, January 6, 2012

January 6, 2012

Pastor Rouland talked to us in chapel about how people say the end of the world is going to come in 2012. He told us that no one knows when Jesus is coming again, only God knows.  He then reminded us that as Christians we should look forward to the end of the world when Jesus returns to take us to heaven.  So we pray, "Come, Lord Jesus!"

A Look Ahead:
Religion:  Baptism of Jesus and Calling the First Disciples
Memory:  John 3:16
Grammar: has and have
Spelling: lesson 17, consonant clusters and blends
Math: Adding two digit numbers without regrouping (no carrying)  Timed Fact test on THURSDAY
Science:  The sky TEST on FRIDAY over p. C2-C23
Social Studies:  Comparing past and present schools
Reading:  Literacy Centers
     computers: www.getreadytoread.org/games/game3/shell.html
     phonics: sorting sounds of ending y
     alphabet: inflection endings -ed and -ing
     writing: conversation
     name: antonyms
     poetry: following directions with a read and visualize
Art:  perspective with a snowman
Around the World: Israel and China

SECOND QUARTER GRADES:
Second quarter report cards will be uploaded onto www.edline.net after 3:00 on Friday.  If you have problems viewing the report cards please call the office. If you have any questions or concerns with your child's progress please contact me!!

Please remember to read the weekly 'books' or poem pages that come home and sign the parent slip so that I know that your child has practiced their reading.  These books should be read each night until your child can read them fluently (like they talk).  You child may even read the book so many times they have it memorized!

IMPORTANT DATES:

PACK THE GYM:  Friday, January 13, 2012 come see our Varisty teams play.  Girls play at 6:45 and the boys game is at 7:45.  Wear Zion Spirit wear to get in free!

DONUTS FOR DADS, Wednesday, January 18, Dads join us at 7:00-7:30 for donuts and then stay for chapel from 8-8:45.

100th DAY OF SCHOOL CELEBRATION:  Friday, January 27.  We need parents to help with this day.  If you can assist with prep work and/or run a center on that day from 11-3 please contact Erin Hoehner, ehoehner@zionharvester.org.  If we don't have helpers we will not be able to celebrate with this in house field trip.

SINGING AT CHAPEL IF THE CROSS:  The first and second grades will sing at Chapel of the Cross church on January 29 at 10:45.  Chapel is located on the corner of Jungermann and Wilott Roads behind the Walgreens.  The children will need to be there at 10:30.  If you are interested their Sunday School starts at 9:25 with an opening in the gym on the lower level.

AN AUTHOR VISITS:  Mrs Joanne Bader a published author of children's books came to our room today.  She has written many Bible story books.  Today she came in and read to us an Epiphany book she wrote.  Since many countries give gifts on Epiphany I gave each child a copy of Mrs. Bader's book and she was so kind to autograph them for us.

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU
A big thank you to the class for the signed bear and the gift certificate.  I used the certificate to buy some new clothes :)  Thank you for the very generous gifts.  I am very appreciative for the support I receive from you parents!!!

As I think about gifts my parents gave me as a child I see the gift of a Christian Education as the best gift.  I now know the sacrifices that they made to afford my education at Lutheran Schools.  I appreciate the extra time my parents spent helping me and volunteering at my schools.  I was always surrounded by those who shared with me the story of Jesus and His love.  I received a high quality education that formed me into the person I am today.  I was taught the power of prayer and how to live my faith.  I was constantly reminded that Jesus loves me.  I saw my teachers in church and saw them live a life of service and love to God.
I want to thank you for also seeing the importance of a Christian Education.  Life is different here at Zion, we are more than a school.  We are a family, a family of believers, brothers and sisters in Christ and like a family things are not always perfect, yet we love and forgive each other.  We share Christ and we learn about His love.  Zion is a great place to be!

Re-enrollment packets are being sent home today.  It is my prayer that you are all returning to Zion next year.  Please take some time to fill out the packets as it helps with planning for next year if the packets are returned quickly.  Please contact Mr. Debrick or myself if you have any questions.

May God bless your new year and I hope to see you in worship this weekend!

In HIM,
Amy

Enjoy the pictures from our Christmas Party!























   

No comments:

Post a Comment