Grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. 2 Peter 3:18
We had a great first few days of school and I look forward to doing more academics next week. This will be a short parent letter because I will share a lot of information at PARENT'S BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT, TUESDAY, AUGUST 23 at 6:30. It is very important that at least one parent attend the BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT. New families will begin in the church with Mr. Debrick at 6:30, I will run sessions in my room at 6:30, 7:00, and 7:30. I look forward to talking with you and sharing first grade information with you.
A quick look at next week:
Religion: Creation
Memory: 2 Peter 3:18 (memory is in your child's homework)am
Reading: Mrs. Masa will be testing our class to find a beginning point for their literacy groups.
Grammar: Sentences
Spelling: Lesson 1 Test Friday
Spelling Words: am, as, an, at, rat, mad, bag, can, tag, had
Spelling Dictation Sentence: I can play tag.
Math: Review of numbers and shapes
Science: Plants
Social Studies: School Community
Art: Color wheel
I hope this will help you talk with your child about what we are doing next week.
It has been an absolute pleasure getting to know your child and I look forward a great year. I hope to see many of you in church this weekend. May you worship our awesome Creator as a family and grow in the grace and knowledge of our Savior.
Please enjoy a few pictures of our first days. I have been busy helping children and have only taken 3 pictures :) SEE YOU AT BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT!
Working on our first writing sample.
No comments:
Post a Comment